Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Ihe key will not turn in switch lock. Can the wires be

Customer Question

Ihe key will not turn in switch lock. Can the wires be removed fom the switch without the switch lock being removed.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: are you in service
JA: No. I'm the Chevy Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: car in park
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: key lock will not turn to on and have switch out to replace switch and key lock but having trouble getting wires removed from old switch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pushed on tab to release wires and they are not budging. The two main wiring harness plugs came out but cable and security wire seem stuck
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: It has been hard to start and finally the key just would not turn no matter how much jiggling
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry for the delay, I was busy most of the day today. I do not know why no others took the plunge on this concern, but I am willing to if your still needing help after this excessive wait time.Can I get the year, make, model?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris