Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

My cd is stuck reading no disc. What can I do JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

My cd is stuck reading no disc. What can I do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a 2004 avalanche
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unplug battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Pressing eject and load
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.You will need to dismantle the CD Mechanism to remove the CD, unless you try to fish it outThe CD Mechanism will have to be Replaced, as there are NO incidental Parts anymore & GM ONLY sells "complete Mechanisms"You will need to have the Model Number of the Unit & the Part Number on the Mechanism, as there were 3 different onesIt will likely be cheaper to find the Same Model Number Unit On-Line, E-Bay, etc. than try to Repair.Bad part is you will need Dealer to Program next Unitapprx 1 hour laborMany times it is less expensive to install Aftermarket.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Did you need more info......?My answer was correctPlease respond or rate my answerthank you