Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

I think the hood release cable is broken on my chevy cobalt

Customer Question

JA: What year is your Cobalt?
Customer: 2006
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: I bought the car from a dealer in January
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if I can
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pulling the release in the car doesn't feel connected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. .. The best way to open the hood is to have someone push down on it while you are pulling the cable. .If you can access any part of the cable from under the hood, in the grill area, you can cut the outer housing and strip it to where you can grab the cable itself with pliers and pull on it, (while someone pushes down on the hood) . If need be then you will have to lay down under the front of the vehicle and reach up in there with a screwdriver and activate the latch, where the cable goes. ..The only other way would be to get in there with a small wrench, and unbolt the latch itself.. Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..Thanks.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,