mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a 1997 Suzuki Sidekick automatic transmission that

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Suzuki Sidekick automatic transmission that randomly won't start when cold unless I pinch off the fuel supply line with a vice grip and unplug the top forward (sensor). I don't know what that sensor is called but it acts like a carb with a stuck choke. Seems to be getting too much fuel. I took it to the Suzuki dealers last year. They cleaned the entire fuel system, turned off the Service Engine Soon light which came back on right away. (Unfortunately we were leaving the state the next day and couldn't take it back to the dealer). The car worked fine for 3 weeks when we returned and it is back to the same difficulty starting. Any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
what is the code if you remember. and also are you able to take a picture of that sensor and upload it here?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just came from O'Reilly Auto Parts Free Check Engine Lights. The codes are as follows: P0133 (02 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1), P0443 (Evap purge valve), P0505 Idle Air Control, and P0705 (Transmission sensor A). What is the P0505 IAC and could this be the sensor that causes hard starting?
that is definitely the sensor causing hard start. you need to replace that sensor to start the oxygen sensor wont cause to many problems but the light. and the transmission code could end up causing driving issues.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cleaned the IAC sensor, reinstalled it and I will see how it goes. This part needs to be ordered at O'Reilly and costs $385 so I hope a good cleaning will suffice. The Ohms resistence seems to be okay. It reads 0.008. Will get back to you on Monday. Thanks.
sounds good sometimes you can get away with cleaning it. if the piston is just stuck inside. if you have a moment to leave me a rating it would be appreciated.