Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

1994 Isuzu npr with a chevy 350, we were driving down the

Customer Question

1994 Isuzu npr with a chevy 350, we were driving down the street came to a stop and the transmission popped into neutral and won't go back into gear.
JA: Do you have a manual or an automatic transmission? When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: automatic
JA: What is the model of your '94 Isuzu?
Customer: npr
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: 60 days ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends on the fix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. In some cases this can be due to an issue with the transmission mount breaking causing the transmission to move slightly causing the shifter cable to shift into neutral.I have also seen issues with the shifter cable becoming damaged causing this issue needing replaced.I would have these checked into here to see if any of these are the cause needing repaired or replaced for this issue.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete