Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

I Have A 2004 GMC HD 2500 SLT With A 6.0 motor does not have

Customer Question

I Have A 2004 GMC HD 2500 SLT With A 6.0 motor does not have a roundbrake booster on the fire wall but in my message screen it reads service brake booster I can clear it after start up but then on restart it appears again any help would be greatly appreciated
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried the 5 cycle in the on off position for at least 30 second in between each position
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I think the message appeared after I accidentally turn the keyoff and back on while driving down the road .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description sounds like cycling the key during vehicle operation has triggered a warning from the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC). You can try disconnecting the battery cables, (negative first) for 5 minutes and touch the cable ends together for 1 minute and see if the modules will reboot without the warning. If not the IPC will have to be reprogrammed. I've seen the same warning on vehicles with hydro boost brakes, but usually after the IPC has been replaced.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.
Hi There, I posted an answer to the problem you're having. I hope the information I gave is helpful. Let me know when you have followed through with my recommendations. If you have any questions, please let me know.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.