Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Just picked my son from school with the 95 Chevy Blazer now

Customer Question

Hi just picked my son from school with the 95 Chevy Blazer now I cannot close the driver side door. The latch hits the striker plate and I cannot open it up with a screw driver. Before I could lift the door up and it would close the door.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
with it unlocked and with a screwdriver WHILE pulling up on the outer door handle or the inner handle the latch will not come out now ?
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No with the screwdriver and the outer handle or inner handle pulled open I cannot adjust the latch mechanism. I viewed the video on replacing the pins and it seems like a good video, although it would require some special tools. I already knew that I would eventually have to replace the pins. But I was able to close the door by lifting it up and gently closing it. Now the latch is in such a position I can no longer do this. I notice a little spring sticking out from the latch. So I guess what I would like to accomplish is just to get the door closed for now and later replace the pins or just put in a new door as the window will not close either. So I have a limited objective for now.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
that door needs the pins and bushings and the odds are the latch assembly was damaged from it opening and closing with the worn pins and bushingsat this point you need to pry open that latch so you can open it up and lift up the door to close ithopefully that latch will open for you as it may be too damaged to ever open up againif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer