Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

I replace my headlight units and after I checked to see if

Customer Question

I replace my headlight units and after I checked to see if they worked, the ignition key will not turn. It did just prior to buttoning up the job.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When inserting the key into the ignition with the door open, it does chime, it just won't turn.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, It's setting in my driveway half in & out of the garage.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: The ignition switch seems to be partially loose in the dashboard.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.First is the steering wheel in the locked position and resting against the lock at all? If you turn the wheel slightly can you turn the key?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The steering wheel is not locked.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It did turn about 5 min. prior.
Ok, so let's see what we can do then. First can you tell me the model and yr of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2002 Chevy Impala
three things, first try turning the key over and putting it in the other way. Just to try. Also do you happen to have another key for it? And you wouldn't happen to own another Chevy would you?Thanks
Sonny
I'm going to be signing off for the day in a few min. Do you still need further help
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny