Will the check engine light came on and check the codes and

Customer Question

Will the check engine light came on and check the codes and it is showing p0010 code. 2012 6.0 chevy 250o*****
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The truck is not acting up or running bad just really trying to find out where the soleniod or sensor is on the motor can you help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I think so
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking and clearing codes but if I new where to look on motor I could actually check some ohms or voltage
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** P0010 is usualy caused by a bad camshaft position actuator, have you ohmed he actuator out yet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could please tell me where is this located on the engine?
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
the actuator is under the timing cover on the front f the motor, there should be wires coming out of the timing cover that yu can ohm out, the resistance shoud be between 5 and 9 ohms, if it is higher or lower, then the actuator will need to be replaced,Tim
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK so if ohms or to high or low actuator is bad does this mean I have to pull timing cover off or will actuator unbolt off the cover?
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
the actuator is attached to the end of the camshaft gear, so the timing cover will need to be removed,Tim