GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Have a problem with my ecm i believe, i have replaced 2

Customer Question

have a problem with my ecm i believe, i have replaced 2 transmissions and now it is doing the same things again
JA: Do you have a manual or an automatic transmission? When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: aoto, I check it regularly because of what has happened. I will be driving and all of a sudden I lose drive and then it finally engages and slams into gear really hard
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changing fluid and filter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: the only other thing that has been done for add ons is I had a after market remote starter installed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.what is the year,make and model?what transmission do you have?