Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Just installed a set of dec open headers on my 1990 k5

Customer Question

Just installed a set of dec open headers on my 1990 k5 blazer I did not plug the o2 sensor back in. Took it for a test drive was running fine then the motor shut off and wouldn't start again I noticed some smoke coming through the heater vents like mabye some electircal got fried when it happened truck will turn over but won't start battery is good also the previous owner had a stereo and alarm system put and it's a mess of wiring under the dash I might add.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi Victor, My name is***** will be glad to help. It is unfortunate that someone hacked the wiring and in this case it could have been any circuit that fried but then melted and shorted with another circuit. Test all your fuses on both sides for power and check your relays as well by swapping with a known good one. This will help isolate what circuits are shorted if the fuses blew. It is possible the PCM was damaged from the short but check the harness and connector pins thoroughly first for any harness repairs/replacement that is needed. Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok sounds good I'll do that now
We can post back and forth as needed. I log in periodically throughout the day and nights as able for follow ups.