Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Will not start..burns fuse link in attempting to start JA:

Customer Question

will not start..burns fuse link in attempting to start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: replaced battery and starter in sept 2015..when the problem started it felt like the starter bumped and then nothing..
JA: What is the model of your '15 Chevy?
Customer: 92' c1500 suburban..less than 80000 miles
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: 2 years
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: at the moment yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Can you take a look at the enclosed wiring diagram and tell me which fuse link it is that is burning and post back with that and I will see if I can help you determine the cause. See the diagram min the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/fuse%20link%20May%2020.pdf
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
looks like s152
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Okay that would be one of the two red wires in the harness , take a look at the second half of this circuit and take a close look at the harness going down to the starter.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/power%20dist%20May%2020.pdf