GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Ron thanks to my problems I have a 2000 Chevy Tracker and it

Customer Question

hello Ron thanks for listening to my problems I have a 2000 Chevy Tracker and it quit running when I pulled over I noticed steam coming from under the hood it's back by the firewall so I parked in the parking lot and left it for the night I tried to start it this morning got it running once it would idle but when I step on the gas it would die
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Where you able to determine where the steam was coming from?How hot did you get the engine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The engine did not get very hot actually didn't get too hot at all I think this team was because the leak was on dropping out of the exhaust I'm sorry on to the exhaust I got the truck running this morning for a short period of time it would idle but when I step on the gas it would die
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My gas tank was very low at the time I put gas in the tank now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm trying to send you my answers it won't send
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Lets get the fuel level up and see if it will stay running, from your description it dose sound like you are loosing fuel pressure. Get the fuel in it and let me know.