Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Recently purchased a used 2003 Silverado 2500HD 2wd Duramax

Customer Question

Recently purchased a used 2003 Silverado 2500HD 2wd Duramax with the Allison tranny. Immediately the transmission light came on with codes P0700, P0843 and P0776. Tranny was rebuilt, tech said torque converter showed issues. Got it back...3 days later light on. Tech said it was a "glitch", fixed it. Got it back...5 days later light on. Tech replaced sensors, solenoid and NSB switch. Got it back...7 days later light on. Now they have decided to replace the TCM Are we now on the right track?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The repairs are done at a well-repected tramission rebuild company with a 2 year warranty supplied.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: I'm over this.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To clarify... I believe it's the ECM, the computer.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.The codes you mention pertain basically to line pressure and are an indication of internal transmission failure that requires repair of rebuild. Everything was OK up until that point. Was is not OK is you having to go back three times after the repair.Were I in your shoes, I would speak to the shop manager and I would tell him/her that if the transmission were to fail again, you would expect a full refund of all charges incurred so you could take your vehicle to a better-qualified shop.Best Regards.