GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.

Hold light flashing on 09 Chevy aveo, car seems to be shifting

Customer Question

Hold light flashing on 09 Chevy aveo, car seems to be shifting as normal little sluggish after stopped at red light etc.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also temp for engine was reading fine this morning but half way to work it drop to C and said the engine was cold the whole way to work.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.There maybe a pending code in the ECM.I have had thermostat codes set before causing this problem.When a temp related code sets it defaults the temp gauge to C and turns on the hold light.Most auto parts store can scan it for free.Please get back with meThank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** was working this morning but then the flashing hold light came on and that's when I notice it was back to C. Car running normal switching gears fine and everything. Bringing to get checked after work. I told it could also be a bad coil pad?
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
If it was running rough and the engine light was flashing. Than maybe a bad coil pack.But it would not cause temp gauge to read C.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Just checking to see if you need more help?
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know if I was helpful.Thank you