GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

How do i check if I have power to my fuel pump 2002 chevy silverodo

Customer Question

how do i check if I have power to my fuel pump 2002 chevy silverodo 2500 6.0L 4x4
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How many miles are on the car? Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 181779 miles , just installed a new fuel pump on 5/3/2016 and have a ck engine light on code P0332 ? knock sensor 5/17/2016 pickup died on the road / ck for codes again and at that time found that the fuel pump was not working ? thought that maybe it was because if a code that it died
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, fuel pump maybe ,have it scheduled to go to shop 5/24/2016 to replace both knock sen.s / for now I would like to find out if the new fuel pump is bad
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: when I cked for a code 5/18/2016 ck engine off no code showed up turned it off tuck key out then turned it on ck engine was on but no code
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.
Hello, do you have a testlight?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I have a volt meter
well. better with testlight as volt meter can be slow to read but can work, Go to this link, locate fuel pump relay in under hood fuse box. Remove that relay, Then? probe each terminal relay plugs into while CRANKING engine, I need to know how many have power