Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

Chevrolet either 1500 or silverado: I thought your assistant

Customer Question

I thought your assistant already took the information; is this a scam? I am looking for the inertia or fuel pump switch supposedly located on the passenger side of a chevy 2002 silverado or chevy 1500 either 2001 or 2002. Truck was side swiped on expressway, spun around, hit median and will not start. A friend mechanic said to look for this switch to reset. Trying to do this by self as we don't have a bunch of $ to spend at the present time. Any advice would be appreciated.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Hi,The 2002, 2001 silverado wasn't equipped with an inertia/collision switch. Your friend might be referring to the switch seen on most fords. When you first turn the key to the run position can you hear the fuel pump buzz for a few seconds?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I can't answer that question; will have to ask my son. Again, forget it.

Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Ok, if you need additional help please let me know. I will opt out as I take it you no longer need help with this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Sorry I cannot supply you with more information. Sorry I tried this in the first place.

Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
Are you still wanting help with your Silverado?