Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Engine will not crank. getting power to starter fuse and relay.

Customer Question

engine will not crank. getting power to starter fuse and relay. starter relay. tested ok. no power going from relay to starter solenoid. battery good. when turning car on, lights on dash comes on when trying to crank all dash lights goes off. also, installed another ignition start switch, still nothing. was thinking the brake neutral switch, but dont know how to test it.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: the only code that comes up is C0550 and U2105
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: LIKE I SAID, I 'M GETTING POWER TO THE STARTER FUSE. WHEN THE KEY IS TURNED ON, THE POWER GOES TO THE RELAY BUT NOT TO THE STARTER. I CHECK THE CONTINUITY TO THE STARTER AND CHECKED OK. ALSO, WHEN THE IGNITION IS TURNED ON, DO NOT HEAR THE FUEL PUMP. CHECK THE FUSE AND RELAY AND CHECKED OK.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: DID YOU GET MY LAST MESSAGE?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to help you we need to know what your working on, year, make and model as well as engine size. Post back with this information when you can and I will have a look at the wiring diagram and see if I can help you get this problem resolved.