Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Chevrolet 4500 kodiak: 2004 chev 4500 with duramax have all

Customer Question

2004 chev 4500 with duramax have all new injecters,new fuel filter base, all new pressure
& return lines to both tanks . Still after 2 hrs sitting still it drops fuel,have to hand prime filter to get it started.Any suggestions to look at next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I have seen the bleed screw at the top of the fuel filter housing leak causing the injection pump to suck air and fuel.All it takes is the smallest leak for this to occur like this here.What needs to be done is to use the hand primer to pump up the fuel filter housing about 8 to 10 times as this will pressurizes the fuel system then inspect each fuel line and fuel component for any leaks,even a slight drip will cause this here.Once a leak is located it will need repaired. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete