GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2005 Chev uplander won't go into park JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

My 2005 Chev uplander won't go into park
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it just slides around from one end to the other, but won't lock into place along the way . . finally had to put on the emergency brake
JA: When it comes to solving emergency brake issues, getting the right information makes all the difference. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: only trying to put it into park or drive like I said before it won't lock into place anywhere
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: well, we did have to drive through 3 hours of straight hard rain on the interstate
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy Scarlett replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I would like to try to help you with your problem. You state that the shifter handle just moves easily back and forth, correct?