Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician

1998 Tahoe 5.7, misses and backfires out exhaust from 1/2 to

Customer Question

1998 Tahoe 5.7, misses and backfires out exhaust from 1/2 to WOT, No codes.
New parts on it are, distributor, plugs, wires, coil, ignition module, crank sensor, coolant temp sensor, O2 sensors, 55psi fuel koeo, koer.
TPS, goes it's full range In a smooth pattern
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,You have already replaced just about everything.I would have the injectors flowtested.How about fuel filter?Are you keen to add a test fuel pressure gauge to the windshield so you can observe while you drive?Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,Have you tried as I have suggested above?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you. Please rate my service at your nearest convenience. Kind regards Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea I have drove it with fuel psi gauge and does not fall on WOT pulls. Fuel filter new.I'm going to put a set of known good fuel injector assembly in it and see how it does.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Sounds like you are getting there now.Best of luck with the injectors.Regards Gary