Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

Chevrolet Asstro: I have a "stand alonr" 4.3 V-6 Chevy engines.

Customer Question

I have a "stand alonr" 4.3 V-6 Chevy engines. I understand that there are 2 type of this 'Vortex' engine. How can I tell the difference between the two types of engines.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 10 months ago.
There is actually just one vortex. The other 4.3 isn't a vortex. If you have throttle body injected it's not a vortec. If it is multi port fuel injected it is a vortec. The mpi engine, you won't see the injection system as its under/inside the intake plenum.
I guess what I'm saying is there are 2 different 4.3's and some may call them both vortecs. But really just the mpi is a vortec.
So if you look at the intake you can tell which one you have.
Does that help? Or do you need more clarification?I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Was this information helpful?