Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

I have a 2003 chevy impala 3800. The A/C blows hot on the

Customer Question

i have a 2003 chevy impala 3800. The A/C blows hot on the drivers side and kind of cold on the passenger side. sometimes the AC on the drivers side blows cool also but it is sporatic. What are my options other than going to a shop?
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. unless i haveto do something extreme
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am just starting to search online for solutions so nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist there is a blend door motor that is a common failure for this. it is located under the dash on the right side behind the glove box. I will attach pictures for you to view Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.
it is held by a couple of screws and an electrical connector. you can get it at any parts store. below is the procedure RoyREMOVAL PROCEDURE Remove the right side instrument panel (IP) insulator.Remove the IP compartment. Disconnect the electrical connector from the right air temperature actuator. Remove the screws retaining the right air temperature actuator.Remove the right air temperature actuator.INSTALLATION PROCEDURE Position the right air temperature actuator. Align the slots in the electric actuator driver to the flats on the shaft.Align the locating hole to the alignment pin on the HVAC module case.Slide the actuator on the shaft. The actuator driver should seat completely onto the shaft and the mounting holes should be flush with the mounting screws on the HVAC module case.Install the screws to the right air temperature actuator.NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.Tighten Tighten the screws to 1.5 N.m (13 lb in) .