GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Tahoe LTZ: I am a woman so I will tell you in my own words.

Customer Question

Hi I am a woman so I will tell you in my own words. I have a 2007 LTZ Tahoe with 113,000 miles. I began having issues with the stabilitrak light and ABS lights powering down and engine light coming on. It would power down to 25 mph and I took it in for service. We put in new throttle, stabililink, shocks (both front and back) with new compressor Anything that needed to be looked at and repaired we did. This did not solve the problem. They would tell me to bring it in when it was failing and that is impossible as the motor cuts off and I have to restart to move the vehicle and it runs fine, it is like it resets itself and we can go on. this is dangerous as I never know when it will power down. I have read everything regarding this and it seems to be a common problem that seems to go on forever. One person stated that a GM engineer told her to replace the computer that operates the ON STAR in her Tahoe and she found someone who would remove and replace said computer do and she had no more issues! That was more than 5 months ago. We have invested a large amount of money and this truck should last another 100,000 I would think. Any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you. Intermittent malfunctions can be frustrating. I'll ask you a few questions about the vehicle symptoms that may help direct me to a diagnostic approach. You stated you had an engine light with stabiltrak light(these are commonly turned on together because of related systems). Do you know what codes were found and are these still coming on when it cuts off or was this an unrelated repair?