Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD LTZ: 2011 chev silverado 3500 shows

Customer Question

2011 chev silverado 3500 shows exhaust fluid low speed limited soon but the tank is full how do i clear this message
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any news on an answer?
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your DEF fluid. I will try to help.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.
First may I ask has the speed been limited yet? And if so at what stage is it? 55mph? 4mph?
Also have you driven it since you filled it?
Normally Once the system is refilled, the system resets itself and a service visit is not required. It may take up to 30 seconds in park or several miles of driving to update the DEF level warning.
Let me know the answers to the questions so I can help further.
Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
SonnyIf you need further help, please let me know