GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I just put in a newly rebuilt transmission and there seems

Customer Question

I just put in a newly rebuilt transmission and there seems to be a chirping or metal scraping noise coming from the bell housing or torque converter also some vibration
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well it's a brand new torque converter and a rebuilt tranny with a three month warranty but once you start the rig it has this scraping sound coming directly from the bell housing area even though it shifts well and drives
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Do you have any suggestions
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: It's a turbo 400 tranny
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.
did you replace the converter? did you check the flywheel?