chevygeorge
chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Technician for over 25 years
93784238

My 2002 trailblazer face vents not blowing air. Seems to be

Customer Question

My 2002 trailblazer face vents not blowing air. Seems to be the middle aculator not working on the driver side. How can I get to this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ac face vents not blowing cold air. Ac only working when on feet and defrost
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cant get all the way to the aculator . Can you please tell me how to remove it. Seems I am not finding a bolt.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Are you able to give me steps on removing the parts to get to the aculator on drives side. I believe there are three on that side and it seems the one in the middle is the problem.
JA: No. I'm the Chevy Mechanic's Assistant. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I posted on your other post. There are three screws securing it, but it is pressed on the shaft, sometimes requiring a special tool to pull it off. It can be done without the tool, but must be done carefully.
You can basically use any type of puller that will apply even pressure when removing the actuator.
Good Morning. I confirmed with another technician this morning. The first replacement actuators were an assembly (multiple parts including cam) and required removal of the hvac plenum. The updated part was just the actuator and was much simpler. He does not use the special tool, but will gently pry it off the shaft from behind with a screwdriver
How did the repair go? Please take the time to give me a positive rating, or let me know how I can further assist you to gain a positive rating, so I may get credit for my time. Thank you, George