GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I,m trying to locate the cam sensor on my 2005 Malibau classic

Customer Question

I,m trying to locate the cam sensor on my 2005 Malibau classic 2.2
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car will not start unless I use starting fluid and will not continue to run. The fuel injectors do not spray.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the crank sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: the injectors do ot spray a nd the crank sensor has been changed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash with the key on or when trying to start the engine? Are there any codes in the computer?