Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician

I have at at bac to dealer ship they put a timming chain in

Customer Question

I have at at bac to dealer ship they put a timming chain in and 150 miles it just shut off towed it home got it running now check engine light is on code 11 cam sensor bank 1 they were new too
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: 0011
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe may take it back to dealer
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Both sensors changed the chain and both selnoids
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Do not do anything now, tow it back to the dealership.The intake cam timing is wrong, hence why it stopped and logged a P0011.Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its 2.2 malibu not 2.4
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
The P0011 says the intake cam timing is wrong, more than likely the timing chain has jumped a tooth or the intake cam gear was was not torqued correctly and the gear has slipped on the camshaft.Regardless something is wrong that the dealer has done, and they should be paying for the repair.Get the dealer to pay for the tow back to them.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,Do you need any further help?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you. Please rate my service at your nearest convenience. Kind regards Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cleared all codes back at dealer ship and trying it again
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
That's good you have it back there.Now we'll see where they messed up.Should all be warranty.Gary