sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Shifter light is not working on 2010 Chevy Cobalt, I replaced

Customer Question

Shifter light is not working on 2010 Chevy Cobalt, I replaced the bulb but still nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Shifter light is not working on 2010 Chevy Cobalt, I replaced the bulb but still nothing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced the bulb and checked the fuses, but not sure what fuse this is on
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the shifter light is the only one not working then there has to be a wiring issue if the bulb is good. The problem may be anywhere between the body controller and the shifter, or from the shifter to ground on that side of the circuit.The shifter light is on the same circuit as the power lock, power window, and power mirror switches. Are these other lights working?