Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I am blowing a fuse fan cont #1 on a 2003 chevy impala JA:

Customer Question

I am blowing a fuse for the fan cont #1 on a 2003 chevy impala
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car is overheating because the fans are not coming on. Also the a/c is not working correctly now. It quit blowing cold since we blew the fuse.
JA: Watching the temperature gauge creep up into the red is never fun. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with overheating troubles. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Could this be a relay? Yes I will be fixing myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy? Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the fuse and it blew instantly again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Is this an LS or not and does it have the 3.4 or 3.8 engine?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Replace the "Fan Control 1 relay". If that doesn't prevent the fuse from blowing, let me know cause next is the pcm.