Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Chevrolet Malibu: Have a 2010 Chevy Malibu with a 2.4L engine.

Customer Question

Have a 2010 Chevy Malibu with a 2.4L engine. Dies intermittently but will restart. No codes set. Tach will drop to 0 with the engine still running. Do you think it is the Crank Position Sensor or something different ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,The engine speed signal goes into the ECM then to the instrument cluster.The engine still running means the ECM is seeing the signal from the crank sensor.How long is the tach on zero before the engine dies?Can you hold the revs up a little, say 2000 rpm, and it does the same thing?Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,Do you need any further help?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you. Please rate my service at your nearest convenience. Kind regards Gary