GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

An intermittent stalling issue....2000 astro 4.3 awd, new:

Customer Question

an intermittent stalling issue....2000 astro 4.3 awd, new: ecm, coil, ignition module, rotor, cap, cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, coil wire, all 3 oxy sensors. It ran fine for a week after changing fuel pump and filter, but last night it stalled after 14 miles just one mile from my apartment. I let it cool down, it would start and then quickly shut off. It finally started, ran fine and i made it home. What other sensors (if bad) would cause motor to stall? Dave
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery?
Customer: battery not the issue
JA: Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: level ground
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet today, I typed in everything that has been replaced over the last couple of years....even had to replace a coil that was under warrantee
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: doesn't burn any oil, has 300k on the chassis, 60k on the motor, new alternator as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer? Are you looking for some possible causes? Would you be willing to speak on the phone?