Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

A light with car and lock is on in my car and my car won't

Customer Question

A light with car and lock is on in my car and my car won't start. Someone said the car thinks I'm trying to steal it so it won't start. I need to get my car going
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: So how do I fix the problem???
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car has a light with a lock going through it on and my car won't start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I need my car started. I'm out in the middle of nowhere
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing may be caused by the key having lost its programming and if you have access to the spare key , try it as well. If nether key will work then you may need to try reprogramming it. In order to be able to help you with this we are going to need complete information, need to know the year, make and model your working on. Post back with this information and we can work from there.