GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

Will not crank over . The drivers information center says power

Customer Question

Will not crank over . The drivers information center says power steering and engine power reduced
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is a 2007 hhr wont start p1682 ignition circuit 2
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Erased codes nothing changed alsorear gate won't open and it is a panel and electric rear doors don't open eitt
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.The code is for low voltage from Run/crank relay or powertrain relay.Is the battery fully charged? Low voltage system could also cause this.If system voltage is ok. Both relays are in the under hood fuse block. I have had them go bad before. Could try swapping them with another relay with the same part# ***** them.Please get back with me.Thank you