Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

My daughter has a 2001 tracker. When she first starts

Customer Question

Hello, my daughter has a 2001 tracker. When she first starts the car the heater blows in what smells like exhaust. what should I look at to fix this.
thanks,
Ken
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Ken I would start first with checking to make sure you do not have any exhaust leaks by checking the exhaust manifold for any signs of a leaking gasket and or loose and or missing mounting bolts. It not uncommon for a cold engine to have a small leak that an seal up after the engine has warmed up. Check this and post back if you need more help and we can work from there if need be.