GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have. 97 blazer 4wd replaced power booster last week and

Customer Question

I have. 97 blazer 4wd replaced power booster last week and noticed now my hazards and brake lights are not working
JA: Working brake lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The lights were working fine before after power booster change no hazards or brake lights
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not tried anything yet but I will start with fuses and lights but I have a sneak feeling the brake light switch might be my culprit as it is the only thing I touched during power booster change
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I live on an island so it's a bit of a rust bycket
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Bucket**
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy Scarlett replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you with your problem. I see that you replaced the booster and checked the fuses,but I think it is the brake switch adjustment. There is a procedure for checking the adjustment.