Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

I have a 55 Chevy with A MSD box. Started it up yesterday

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 55 Chevy with A MSD box. Started it up yesterday and drove it about a mile. It started running rough, and the engine stalled. Tried to restart it but it appears to not be getting fire at the coil or distributor. I tried roll starting it but no luck
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: BTW, my name is Roy
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, hopefully this weekend.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all the wiring but it was late and I had to get it back to my home. I will start on it tonight or tomorrow morning.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not at the moment.... other thhan is a modified 55 with a 350
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
They have troubleshooting procedures on their website,
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
Which trigger do you have? White Wire or Magnetic Pickup Trigger?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.