Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

I'm installing an aftermarket stereo system in a 2006

Customer Question

Hi... I'm installing an aftermarket stereo system in a 2006 2500hd and need to make connects to: 1) the parking brake sensor, 2) gear shift sensor and 3) speed sensor. Can you help?
JA: When it comes to solving emergency brake issues, getting the right information makes all the difference. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: What more do you need to know?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm not fixing anything, I'm installing an aftermarket stereo/gps system.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
I can supply the wiring diagrams. I will need to know which engine came in this in order to look up the wiring diagrams.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
Also, if it's an LT, WT, etc.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It has the 6.0 and is an LT
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
The parking brake sensor is on the chime circuit, located at the bottom of this page.One second on the others.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
They should be in these diagrams,
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit.JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can see the wire I need to tie into for the parking brake switch. It says that its part of the park brake assembly. Is there a an illustration to show where the switch is on the brake? Looking up under the dash, I don't see the switch or wire. I don't want to pull the assembly to access the switch wire if not necessary.For the 'in gear' and 'speed' connection requirements, I don't see anything obvious that provides for either. All three of the diagrams are for the 4-wheel drive/transfer case. I would think I need something specific to the transmission that would provide wiring to indicate that the transmission is in gear (or out of park). I would think the same would be the same or the speed indicator. Please advise accordingly?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can see the wire I need to tie into for the parking brake. Is there an illustration showing where it's located on the parking brake assembly?The transfer case diagrams do not provide me with the information I need. There should be a diagram for the transmission that shows both the gear indicator and speed control wiring that runs to the dashboard.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You didn't answer the second part of my question and you are hitting me up for more money? It' supposed to be a 100% guarantee. How do I go about getting my money back?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi... Can you help me find the wiring coming from the transmission that I need to tie into please?