Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Suburban: 2008 chevy suburban electrical problem.

Customer Question

2008 chevy suburban electrical problem. Gauges flick, door locks click. no response of anything when turning key to on and start. batter positive cable to hot to keep hold of at battery, but not at junction block on firewall. battery is disconnected now to prevent fire.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. You may have a shorted cell in the battery.This causes the cable to become hot like this here as well as the electrical issues you are seeing here.I would remove the battery and have it tested ( a local parts store will test this at no charge to you) to make sure this is the cause here and replace the battery as needed.If the battery is found to be o.k. you will want to trace the battery positive and ground cables leading from the battery to where they run and connect to to see if any loose,damaged or corroded wiring issues are found with these cables with them needing cleaned and tightend or possibly replaced due to damage.Most of the time though it is a shorted battery internally needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete