virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

Came home and pulled in driveway. Attempted to put car in park

Customer Question

Came home and pulled in driveway. Attempted to put car in park and turn off engine. It seemed it stuck in reverse because when I took my foot off brake it rolled back. was able to turn off ignition. Attempted to put in park but would not budge. will not shift into neutral. Can not start the car. all electrical seems to work. waited 30 minutes and tried again
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: would like to fix tonight if it is just locked or service safety thing is activated. need for work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: it has been running great. no hint of a problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your Chevy. I will try to help.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.
First, so I can assist you further, may I ask what yr and model Chevy it is? I don't see it here in the post.Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2007 chevy trailblazer
Does the shifter show its in reverse or park?
Are you still needing assistance with this problem? If so, let me know the answer to the question and I will assist further. If not let me know and I will close the question.Thanks Sonny