GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Automatic tempature control valve does not seem to open to

Customer Question

Automatic tempature control valve does not seem to open to blow cold air . It blows cool air and I have put sealer and refrigerant in according to the manufacturer and it still blows cool air. Could it be that the automatic tempature valve is not opening and is bad?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am hoping to fix this myself .
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put sealer and refrigerant in it as manufactures levels has prescribed in the manual and I have changed the air door actuator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 months ago.
Hello, First? Year, model, engine etc? thanks