GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The 1500 v8 Silverado does not start. New battery and starter

Customer Question

The 1500 v8 Silverado does not start. New battery and starter last. It ran all day but doesn't start now. Dash lights come on but no crank
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: What code?
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: 2001, 350 000 km
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 months ago.
How long since the battery and starter were replaced?