GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Chevrolet Z71 1500 PU: drive shaft broke out of my 2002 Chevy

Customer Question

drive shaft broke out of my 2002 Chevy pickup up Z71 model 1500 with 270,000 plus miles. mechanic replaced drive shaft; now truck will not go into***** Mechanic is puzzled. What should I do?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 5 months ago.
First pull the 4wd fuse from the underhood fuse block and leave it out for 5 min, then reinstall and try, then let me know. Does yours have the 4 button selector?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
to 4 button selector. Auto WD, 2 Hi, 4 Hi. 4 Lo; Wish I knew how to pull fuse and surprise my husband. He is so frustrated with this.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, I pulled the under hood fuse block. Which fuse is 4wd fuse?
20amp fuse labeled ATC, also on the left side of the dash board a little pannel the door normally cover pops off there is a fuse labeled 4wd in there, pull them both, let it sit for 5, then reinstall, fire it up, shift to neutral, then try and shift between 4 lo hi and 2wd
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I will try that. Will get back with you. Thanks.
Have any luck trying that?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ryan, so sorry this reply is so late. My husband was thrilled that this worked perfectly, exactly as you instructed. I followed your directions. We are good to go. Thank you so much. Well worth the $31. My husband is so proud of me; this saved him time and frustration. thanks again. Linda
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where can I give you 5 stars?