GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a brand new Chevy LS3 525 HP crate motor and after starting

Customer Question

I have a brand new Chevy LS3 525 HP crate motor and after starting it I noticed that the damper pulley is wobbling. Everthing is tourqued properly, Not sure what to do next.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Damper pulley is wobbling on a brand new LS3 motor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked to make sure the pulley bolt was tight and that the crank shaft is within specs
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 9 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I will try to help you.
Either the damper is no good or its not on flush.
You only have a couple choices. Send it back to them and get another or replace it yourself.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
pulled off the stock pulley and put on an ATI Super Damper Pulley. When I put in on the crank ,it spun fine. But when I torqued it all the down it wobbles. Run out measures .025.
How was it with the stock pulley..thats not a lot of runout.