Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Uplander: 2007 Chevrolet Uplander 80K miles,shifts

Customer Question

2007 Chevrolet Uplander 80K miles,shifts fine when taken off easy.taken off 1/4 to 1/3 throttle (a little extra torque) it jumps,shutters kind of like banging in and out of gear, shakes the steering wheel and dash like bam bam bam, again take off easy its fine. Have read about cv axle splines /hub,don't see any sign of slipping, also saw something o the pressure regulator solenoid ??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The pressure regulating/control solenoid is most common for this issue as well as debris build up in the transmission valve body itself.I have seen both cause this issue here as well as worn or damaged engine or transmission mounts.If the check engine light has come on with this fault here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set then from there the codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.If no codes are set these components above need checked for any issues needing repaired or replaced to correct this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pete, just got solenoid, trying to get it in this weekend
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else. Thanks Pete