GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

The oem antenna on my 2001 chev silverado was broken off at

Customer Question

the oem antenna on my 2001 chev silverado was broken off at the base in a drive thru carwash. Is there a replacement antenna that would clamp on to the stub?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The threaded portion of the antenna base broke off inside the antenna. there is no threaded post for a replacement antenna to screw onto. Can the antenna be welded back onto the base?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I think I'm capable if there is a replacement clamp on type of antenna, but otherwise no.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.
Is there part of the antenna still attached to the base?