GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2003 GMC yukon xl with error code of PO758 solenoid showsup

Customer Question

2003 GMC yukon xl with error code of PO758 solenoid b showsup on the read out.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: taking it for a drive it appears that the while in drive the trans does not down shift. the rpms stay high (2500 to 300) at 55 mph
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I changes the trans fuild and that when the nut stripped so I had to drop the pan to wield on a new nut. I have changed the fuild and the filter
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist you said downshift??? it sounds like it is not upshifting. is that correct??? Roy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok I guess it is not up shifting. I thought that it starts in the lower gears to get moving and then shifts to higher gears the faster you go
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** be sure do you have a voltmeter to do some checks./ you may have a bad shift solenoid and want to check for voltage Roy