GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

4wd clunking sounds like it is trying to go into 4wd when it

Customer Question

4wd clunking sounds like it is trying to go into 4wd when it is in 2wd.i can stop and change it to 4wd then 4 low low and back to 2wd and it operates good for awhile then does it again. Any suggestions
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe if I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry your having this problemis the noise from the front axle like the front axle is trying to lock in 4WD ?