Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Chevy 2500 hd: 2006 Chevy 2500 hd 6.6 diesel. I have a p

Customer Question

2006 Chevy 2500 hd 6.6 diesel. I have a p 085 check engine light code ... What is this
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Powertrain codes, (P codes) are in a alphanumeric 5 digit format, such as Pxxxx. P085 is not enough digits. Are you sure about the code number?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It might of p0085 but I might be wrong
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me check
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it was p 085. Strange
I see, thanks. I have never run into that on any, as of yet. But wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
P0085 refers to Exhaust Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low (Bank 2).P0850 refers to a fault in the Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This has to due with fuel
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
You never said what the symptoms were, so just asked what the code meant and I agree with the other expert that you remembered the code wrong. There is no code p 085 as far as I know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will put the computer back on and get the correct code. The problem is there is not really any symptoms other than the it's seems like the fuel filter needs to be changed which it has
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
Make sure after you read the code you clear them all, then see if any come back.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.